Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 29 January 2015

Hull Blogger Meet // 7-12-14

I never thought in a million years that when I started this blog in January, that I would have attended 5 different blogger meet ups and made some amazing friends. I was planning a trip to Hull anyway to hopefully meet up with some of my Hull blogging friends that I met at the first meet up in March, and then Hull Fashion Week, so when Alex emailed me telling me that she was organising another meet, I was excited.

This meet up took place in a little restaurant called 'Fudge' that I always went past on the bus, but never went inside. It always caught my eye with it's pretty pastel colours. I was a little late due to having to drive from Grimsby,  but luckily I arrived before the events ahead had commenced.

My goody bag was already on my chair and full to the brim of treats. I resisted diving straight into it though, as our first guests had arrived. Some ladies from Arbonne UK came and allowed us to try out some of their products and ask them questions. Although I have enough skin care to last a life time, I was interested in having a consultation, though I'll have to do it next year as I'm so busy at the moment!

For lunch, we had decided on Afternoon Tea which is quite possible my most favourite thing in the world (I had it about twice a week at one point.) There was so much food, there was still some left at the end, and considering there was 22 of us, that was quite an achievement.

Next, some ladies from Younique came to show us their 3D Fibre Lash Mascara. I've heard of Younique before, not all of it good, and although I liked their product, it wasn't enough to convince me to buy it. I'll quite happily use my Magnifibres and They're Real :)

After a quick demonstration of The Library of Fragrance from the hosts, we had the raffle. All the money we raised went towards the charity 'Look Good, Feel Better' an amazing charity that teaches women with cancer to do simple things to make themselves feel better when going through treatment.

I was lucky enough to win a beanie hat from Bob Greens, which I have been wearing non-stop. Hopefully, I'll style it in an outfit post soon!

I had such a good time, and can't wait to meet up with everyone again in the hopefully, not so distant future :) Thanks again to Alex , Jaye , and Jenny for organising the meet up.



No comments:

Post a Comment