Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 1 March 2015

Small MAC Haul

After the negativity of the last post, I think I should mention one fun thing I got up to in London and that was visiting the MAC counter in Selfridges. You can't really haul Mac because of the steep prices. I only have five items and they came near to £60 (and one was a freebie), but nonetheless, I thought you'd like to see what I've been buying.

The first three items, I didn't actually buy as they were a Valentines gift from my boyfriend. I asked for the new Miley Cyrus Viva Glam lipstick. I adore Miley Cyrus, but love the shade of this lipstick even more. This is a hot pink shade which looks quite scary in the tube, but I actually think this is quite wearable. Like all other Mac lipsticks, it is creamy, long lasting and has that delicious vanilla scent.

Velvet Teddy is on everyone's wish list at the moment. A matte, nude shade, it's perfect for that nineties pout that's on trend at the moment. I was going to buy this for myself but my boyfriend insisted on buying it for me as well (yes, I'm getting married to this person!) At first I thought the shade didn't suit me; it appears a little bit browner than Brave, which is my perfect nude. However, with a little help from some lip liner (Rimmel's East End Snob), I again found this extremely wearable. As it's matte, it's a little drying, but not to the point of discomfort.

I got sent a free sample of the Mac False Lash Effect mascara. I've not really had a play with it yet, but it was a nice little freebie to be included in my order.

I'm planning on doing my own makeup for the wedding, so the purchases made at the Selfridges counter were made with that in mind. My lipstick will be Ruby Woo, so I decided to buy a lip liner in the shade 'Cherry' to help prolong my lipstick and also create that perfect cupids bow. It will also give me the chance to try out a Mac lip liner and decided whether it's worth getting any more.



My last purchase was fueled by my curiosity over the Paint Pots. I'm slowly starting to get into cream eye shadows as they're quick and don't tend to need a primer. I was stuck between Painterly and Soft Ochre but went for Painterly as it's closer to my skin tone. I've only had this since Tuesday, but I've worn it every day since. I'm obsessed! I'll probably write a more in depth review in a few weeks, but this is definitely one of my most recent favourite purchases.



Even though a good amount of money has been spent, there's still so much I'm lusting after from Mac. My collection is steadily growing from the 'My First Mac Purchases' post I wrote back in August.

Have you bought anything from Mac lately?

3 comments:

  1. Lovely haul, and everyone needs to try Velvet Teddy at least once!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and yes, let's hope it doesn't go out of style haha x

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, amazing haul! I need Velvet Teddy in my life, and a few of the paint pots! They sound amazing!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete