Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 29 May 2014

Makeup Revolution Haul

As soon as Boots 3 for 2 offer ended, Superdrug's began. I told myself I didn't need anymore makeup and I wasn't to cave in.

Then I received an email informing me that the Makeup Revolution Redemption Iconic 3 palette was back in stock, and that was it. Half an hour later, I had 12 things in my basket and was clicking the checkout button.

If you're into beauty blogs (and you're reading this so I assume you are) you've no doubt heard of the new makeup brand Makeup Revolution which launched in March. With prices to rival that of MUA's yet the quality to rival that of drugstore giants such as Maybelline and Rimmel, it's no wonder this new brand has taken the beauty world by storm.

You can currently get MR products from their website or the Superdrug site. As far as I'm aware, they're not available in store yet. I chose to buy from Superdrug as you don't have to spend as much to get free delivery (£10 as opposed to MR £30.) Plus, at the moment there's a 3 for 2 offer on, so saving even more money. The only criticism with Superdrug is that they never seen to have all the products in stock at once.

Like I mentioned earlier, the whole reason for this haul was the Redemption Iconic 3 palette. Supposedly a dupe for Urban Decay's Naked 3, the price tag of £4 for 12 shades is incredible. I immediately fell in love with all the shades when I opened my package and can't wait to try it out to see if the quality is any good. I've only swatched them for now, and some colours are more pigmented than others, but I've heard you have to gently scratch the top layer off to get the full effect. The packaging is sturdy enough and I don't think you could expect much more than what you paid for it.



The next product was The ONE Concealer. This cost £3 and reminds me of Benefit's Fake Up which I received a sample for a few weeks ago. On first impressions, it seems a little greasy, but I think I need to properly use it with powder to get the full effect. I got this in the shade 'light.'


I next picked up a blush in the shade 'hot.' I'm awful at picking blushes so I think this is probably the first one I saw, just because I wanted to see what they were like. I've not used this yet, but swatched it with my finger and it's very bright and pigmented so I imagine I'll only need a little bit. This was a bargain at just £1.

The majority of products I bought were lipsticks. I got 9 altogether. I originally only wanted to get a couple just to see what they were like, but I just couldn't help myself.

The one I most wanted to try was a bright purple called 'Deprave.' Unfortunately, this had snapped before I even got a chance to use it. Luckily, I can still use it with a lip brush as I emailed Superdrug and they could only offer me a refund.

I won't go through each shade as I will probably do that in a later blog post, but you can see from the photos what the colours are like. I don't know if I have strange lips, but I find that lipstick tends to stick in the cracks of my lips and cling to dry patches. I found these lipsticks did this a lot, especially the lighter shades, but then my Revlon Matte balm does it and that costs 8X's as much.
Depraved, Crime, Immoral

Dusky, Luscious, Mystify

Enchant, Reckless, Rebel With Cause

The formula seems a little wet, if that makes sense, almost like it's a balm. But then for £1, you can't complain at all. There's such a broad range of shades, I think these are perfect if you are wondering if a shade suits you before you commit to buying a more expensive brand like Mac.

Overall, I think all of this cost me £12 including postage which is incredible. It took six days, including a weekend, to get here.

Have you bought from Makeup Revolution before?

4 comments:

  1. I've just taken advantage of their 3 for 2 lol... I finally used up my favourite blusher from Barry M so I re purchased it... I really should throw makeup out if it goes out of date :-P may have bought 3 Maybelline tattoo eyeshadows... I love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 2 of the colour tattoos but I don't really use them. You should try some Makeup Revolution, it's amazing for the price x

      Delete
  2. I bought a lot of the same products as you! the iconic 3 for the same reason & some similar lipsticks, I'm in love with everything atm

    -sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, their new palettes are doing my bank balance no favours. I want them all! xx

      Delete