Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 3 May 2014

Hull Fashion Week Finale 3/05/2014


I've just this moment got back from the Hull Fashion Week Finale which I was asked to blog for a few weeks ago. I've never done anything like this before and I'm so excited that I'm being offered such great opportunities after only 3 months of blogging.

I arrived at Hull City Hall at 10:30am and got given a lanyard which told everyone I was an official blogger for Hull Fashion Week. All of the other bloggers agreed at how special they made us feel haha. At 11am the public began to pile in and the finale was about to officially start.

Lizzie Rose looked incredible dressed by Dressing Room Hull. They offer people the chance to buy pre-loved designer clothes much cheaper than the retail price. I must admit, I've already been browsing through the site seeing if there is something I can wear to the end of year ball.



There was a catwalk every hour from 12pm and each one was a mixture of dancing, smiling and serious strutting. I don't know how some of the girls managed to walk in the shoes they were wearing as I know for a fact I would have fallen flat on my face, but they did so with ease and looked fierce (as Tyra Banks would say.)




I'm not going to spend too long talking about the outfits as there are plenty of photos already circling around the internet, and most of the images I took came out blurry (you wouldn't believe I have a photography A Level, seriously.) But there was a definite vintage theme going on, starting with styles from the 1920's all the way to bright prints from the 80's/90's. There was a mixture of high street giants such as Debenham's and House of Fraser dressing the models. Also Hull's leading independant shops such as Magpie's Den, Beasley's and Chinese Laundry (my favourite) to name a few. We also were treated to the raw talent of Hull's art and design students from Bishop Burton and Hull College. Their outfit's were amazing.


In between the catwalks, there were many dancing, singing and rapping performances which got people cheering and bouncing in their seats. We also got chance to have a wonder round the hall as there was so much to see. There were a lot of stalls, including Beasley's and Chinese Laundry, a stall which sold bags made from recyled clothes and rags (which were amazing and I full intend to buy one.) I'm just saying that 'm so glad that I had no actual money on me or my poor bank balance would be left feeling very bruised.






Some other nice touches were a cake stall from Thieving Harry's (I bought myself the most delicious chocolate brownie) plus a photobooth which me, Kate and Courtney completely abused the privilege of.

Overall, it was a really good day and I'm so excited to have been a part of it. Keep checking the official Hull Fashion Week website to have a look at the blogpost I'm going to write for that, and all of the other bloggers who were involved with today. There will be another post soon about the Debenham's beauty lock in I attending on Wednesday so keep an eye out for that as well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucy

    Just been commenting everywhere that I'm loving seeing all the photos everyone took!

    Have to say I love those photobooth pics best :D You 3 looked like you had HUGE fun in there!

    Mars
    Curling Stones for Lego People

    ReplyDelete