Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 12 April 2016

Gwen Stefani Urban Decay Eye Shadow Palette // Review



I'm not a huge Gwen Stefani fan so I wasn't overly excited about the collaboration between her and Urban Decay. However, after reading some reviews and watching make up tutorials of the eye shadow palette, I decided that when I reached my first weight loss goal, I would treat myself.

I've had the palette just over a month now, and I've already decided that it is the 'one.' To start with the basics; it's £40, £2 more than the cult Naked palettes by UD. You get 15 shades as opposed the 12 in a normal Naked palette. There's a variety of matte and shimmers and each shadow blends beautifully. 

I'm not going to lie. When I first saw the palette, I thought it was a weird combo of colours. Nine of the shadows, I would class as 'neutrals' whilst another three are darker, smokier colours. And last, there's the three 'jewel' colours. 

But it just works. The main reason I like this palette so much is because when I go on holiday, I usually end up taking at least three different eye shadow palettes. But this palette does it all. I thought I already had all the neutrals I could possibly need with owning three different Naked palettes, and that was the main reason I was hesitant to buy it in the first place. But the fact there's such a broad range of colours convinced me it was worth the money. 

I'm not going to go into all the shades, as I haven't had a chance to try them all out yet, but some have already stood out as being favourites. 


'Blonde' is a perfect inner corner highlight shade. It's an off white colour and at first I thought it was matte, but there's a slight shimmer running through it. 

'Steady', 'Baby' and 'Pop' wouldn't look out of place in the Naked 3 palette with their pinky undertones. 'Pop' is a particular favourite and is very similar to Stila's 'Kitten' and MAC's 'Naked Lunch.' 

'Stark' is the colour I find myself using the most. I've hit pan on my Naked Basic's 'Walk of Shame' and although 'Stark' is slightly darker, it's a very good alternative when you're just after a skin coloured matte to pop all over the lid. 

Everyone's favourite seems to be 'Punk' and I can safely say I own nothing like this. It's a dark reddish brown and completely matte. It's the perfect crease colour and although deemed an Autumn shade, I think paired with other neutral mattes and a cat eye, it will create the perfect evening look all year round. 

I'm so glad I bought this palette as I love everything from the packaging, to the shade range.

Do you own this palette? What do you think? 


No comments:

Post a Comment