Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 29 January 2014

My top 10 beauty products!

My top ten.

As I want this to be a beauty blog, I’m going to start this blog with a list of my top ten favourite beauty products as of this moment :)  

1.       Got2B Glued Blasting Freeze Spray – There’s probably about six cans of this hairspray hiding in various drawers in my room at this very moment. My boyfriend originally started using this about two years ago as it was the only thing strong enough to stick his hair up. I started using this hairspray myself as I love big voluminous hair and now I’m addicted. I only use it on nights out though as it’s a bit much for normal day time hair. The smell always reminds me of vodka and red bull now though, as that’s what I’m usually drinking when I wear this. This spray ranges from £2 to £4 depending on the shop. 

What my boyfriend does to his hair with this spray.


2.       Rimmel Amethyst Shimmer Lipstick – Out of all the lipsticks I own, this is my favourite one. I love the purple tone of it and I think it really suits my skin. At around £5, it was a bargain.


3.       Urban Decay Naked Basic – This little palette was a bit expensive at around £20 for 6 different shades, but I love it. I originally wanted Naked 2, but there’s nowhere in Grimsby that sells it. Even the Doncaster Duty Free didn’t have it, only stocking Naked Basics which I decided to purchase instead. I’m still lusting after all three Naked Palettes, but for now, the basics suit me just fine. I use this nearly every day so it’s definitely worth the money.


4.       Maybelline Gel Eyeliner – I have a love/hate relationship with eyeliner. Kohl eyeliner seems to smudge and liquid eyeliner is hit and miss whether I apply it to a standard I’m pleased with. This gel liner cost me £9 and is so easy to put on. It comes with a little brush and I’ve been using it nearly every day for the past three months and I’ve not even made a dint into the little pot.





5.       Soap and Glory Righteous Butter – Just head to your local Boots and give this a quick smell and you’ll know why it’s in my top ten. A little pricy at £10.50 a tub but it’s so moisturising and the smell lasts hours.



6.       Maybelline Baby Lips – I think everyone and their nan owns a Baby Lip lip balm. They came out this year and the bright packaging and great reviews made me desperate to buy one. I’ve got the raspberry one and it smells and tastes gorgeous. Plus it has SPF 20 which is a bonus. I usually get really chapped lips during the winter months but I’ve managed to avoid it this year and no doubt this balm is the reason why. At £3 they’re perhaps a little expensive for a lip balm when you can get them from the quid shop or even a regular cosmetics shop for a little cheaper. But I think they’re worth it. There are 6 to choose from and I can’t wait to get more to add to my collection.


7.       HD Brow Palette – This cost £20 and I use it every day. I never use to bother with my brows when doing my makeup but now I won’t leave the house without them filled in. I love this and will definately buy this again when it runs out. As you can see, I've made quite a dint in this palette. I wear 'Foxy.'



8.       Vanilla Eau Du Toilette – I’ve been buying this since I was 13 and I still love it. It’s from The Body Shop for around £8 and I think it’s a cheap, but still gorgeous smelling alternative to branded perfume that might cost £30-£50 a bottle.


9.       Sleek Contour Palette – I bought this as it I saw it on a sosueme.ie tutorial and I’m so glad I did. It has a blusher, a bronzer and a highlighter. I use the highlighter and blush almost every day, but I usually leave the bronzer for a night out as I think in daylight it looks a bit harsh. I wear ‘light’ because of my skin tone. This palette costs £10 and lasts forever so it’s well worth the money.





10.   Loreal Telescopic Mascara – I’m a mascara hoarder, I love buying and trying new ones. The one thing  I hate though is clunky eyelashes. This mascara lengthens but doesn’t create clumps which I love. I’ve already got a spare tube in my makeup case for when the one I’m using runs out I love it that much. 

So here's my list :) What are your top beauty products? 


No comments:

Post a Comment