Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 22 February 2014

Fragrance Direct Haul

So in the early hours of Sunday morning, I stumbled across a website called Fragrance Direct. At first I was skeptical; I didn't believe that they were selling genuine products for so cheap- brands that I love such as Maybelline and Bourjois. Anyway, I did some research and found lots of good reviews for the site, so I decided to take a risk and place an order. I ordered the following night around ten o'clock so my stuff got dispatched the next next day -Tuesday. It arrived Thursday so only took two days to come, and that was with the £2.99 delivery. My stuff came in a padded envelope so I was quite happy that nothing was broken.

A summary of the products I bought and prices are at the bottom of this post. Overall I was very pleased with what I bought, I just wish the site had some more shades of each products, but for the prices I paid, I can't complain at all.
My Goodies :)

The first thing I placed in my basket was a Max Factor blusher brush. I'm slowly but surely building up my makeup brush collection, much to the puzzlement of my father who frequently asks why I need more makeup brushes when he bought me some for Christmas (the No7 5 piece brush set that came out in Boots around xmas, one of which was broken grrr.) I didn't get a blusher brush in my set anyway, and although I love the Ecotools one I bought a few weeks ago, I couldn't resist buying this one for £2.99.  

The second thing I put in my basket were the Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel eye shadows. I've always wanted to try them after hearing such good reviews on other blogs, but never got round to it. I was very excited to find them on Fragrance Direct for £1.50 saving £3.49. They only had two shades, Endless Purple and Timeless Black so I bought them both.

The next thing I chose was this Dainty Doll Eye shadow. I've never heard of this brand before but I was drawn to the name so decided to try one of the eye shadows. After a little bit of research, I found it was a brand developed by Nicola Roberts of Girls Aloud and suited to people with paler skin types. I'm quite pale anyway but I don't think it matters so much with eye shadows. They had six shades to choose from and I chose the shade Teach Me Tiger which is a dark peachy colour. I love the packaging on this, it looks so expensive and I'll probably include a couple more shadows in the next order depending on how I find this one. This cost £1.99 reduced from the RRP of £11.50.
 


I also included a couple of lip products in my order. The first was the Maybelline Colour Sensational Pop Stick in shade Orange Crush. I didn't really read the description of this product before I bought it and was quite surprised when I received it and found it was more of a gloss than a lipstick. However at £1.99, I can't really complain. I've never seen these in the shops before but after a quick google, apparently they sell them on Superdrug? Anyway, the colour is orange but it's a sheer gloss with specks of glitter through it. It tastes amazing but I probably wouldn't buy another one of these.



The second lip product was Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Stain in shade Blushing. This also cost £1.99. I haven't really used this yet but I love the colour and the applicator which is almost like a felt tip pen. I don't own anything else like this. It also smells amazing, it reminds me of a sweet drink I used to have when I was younger but can't quite put my finger on, ha!


The next things I placed in my basket were these boxed powders from W7. I read a review where someone compared Honolulu Bronzing powder to Benefit's Hoola which I own a sample of. I don't really wear bronzer but I'm hoping to more when it gets a bit warmer and I have a tan. I'm not too keen on this packaging, I find it quite hard to get the lid off, but for £2.25, I didn't really expect anything else. The powder comes with a little brush which I find so cute and I can't wait to swatch this product and compare it against Hoola. The second powder I got is also W7 and is called Candy Floss. It says it's a face brightening powder which I suppose I could use as either a highlighter or a blush. I've read reviews where people have said it's a dupe for a Benefit blusher but I don't own any Benefit blushers so couldn't possible comment.



L'Oreal Colour Infallible Eye Shadow was next in my basket. I'd never heard of these before but after a quick research, found they were pretty popular. I chose the colour Naughty Strawberry which I actually love and I've already worn to Uni. It's a lovely shimmery pink colour which surprised me as I thought it would be more a lilac colour as that what it said on the site. My only complaint about this shadow is that it is quite messy. It's almost like a loose powder that's been squashed down. I wouldn't want the lid falling off in my makeup bag, put it that way. This cost £1.50 and I would definitely invest in other colours. 



The last thing I added to my basket which cost the most money and had me uhming and arhing is the Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Cream Blush in the shade Honey. I've never used any Elizabeth Arden products before but I know people rave about the creams, so it was that what caught my attention. The blush cost £5.50 a huge saving of £18.50. I got it in the only shade there was, but it was more to try it than anything. The blush was a lot smaller than I was expecting but I loved the packaging. It looks so expensive and dinky! I also love the shade of the blush. I think it has the potential to be too dark for my skin but as long as I blend it in well, I think I'll be fine.



Overall I was very happy with my products. I got ten and they came to a total of around £23.50 which is brilliant. Here's a quick summary on what I bought and how much I saved.

Max Factor Blush Brush - £2.99 RRP £8.99
Maybelline Eyestudio Color Tattoo X2- £1.50 RRP £4.99
Dainty Doll Eye Shadow -£1.99 RRP £11.50
Maybelline Color Sensational Popstick - £1.99 RRP £7.19
Maybelline Color Sensational LipStain - £1.99 RRP £5.99
W7 Honolulu Bronzing Powder - £2.25 RRP £8.50
W7 Candy Floss Face Brightening Powder -£2.50 RRP £3.95
L'Oreal Colour Infallible Eye Shadow - £1.50 RRP £6.99
Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Cream Blush -£5.50 RRP £24.00

That's a huge saving of around £63.50. I would definitely recommend Fragrance Direct. Let me know if you enjoyed this post, some single product reviews may follow when I've had chance to use them. Remember to follow me on bloglovin, link at the top of the page :) 




1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! going to check this out on payday definitely need to update my makeup bag for spring and sumer :-D

    ReplyDelete