Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 27 April 2014

Boots and TK Maxx Haul

It seems all I do lately is buy things, but I guess that's what I signed up for when I decided to become a beauty blogger. I keep reading reviews and haul posts and about ten things get added to my wish list each day. However, at least most of the things I bought today, I needed or had been lusting after for months.


Tangle Teezer.

I was lucky enough be blessed with long, thick, curly hair, however, when it's damp, it's a nightmare to brush. I often have to ask my boyfriend or sister to brush it for me as half way through my arms begin to ache. I also feel my hair being ripped, leaving me with hundred of split ends. I'd heard about the Tangle Teezer but didn't really fancy spending over £10 on a brush. Looking in TK Maxx, there were similar ones for about £7, but after my boyfriend checked the reviews on his phone, there seemed to be more 1 star reviews than 5 stars. I've read a lot of good reviews about the Tangle Teezer, so decided to go for it. It cost £12 and I'm excited to see if it works. Of course, I'm still going to ask my boyfriend to brush my hair for me. After all, what are boyfriends for?

Physicians Formula Colour Correcting Powder.

I spotted this in TK Maxx for £2.99 and was intrigued. I don't own anything like this product and I was shocked when I looked on Amazon that it was going for nearly £30! I don't think that that was the normal price as I'm sure on the RRP sticker, it was only about £10, but nevermind, I still saved money. Like most things sold in TK Maxx, the box was a bit battered and sore but I don't think the product had been touched. They should really start making people buy the products they rip open to test, they must lose so much money each year by having to chuck used and broken makeup away.

Real Techniques Core Collection.

I think it's official that you can't be a legit beauty blogger without owning this brush kit. I've read so many reviews about these, especially the buffing brush, and I was desperate to try them. I've seen them on Amazon for £15 but just never got round to buying them, so imagine my delight when I saw them in TK Maxx for the same price! £6 cheaper than Boots and Superdrug, it works out just under £4 for each brush which is amazing. I can't wait to use these.

Pearl Drops Tooth Serum.

I read a review on this a couple of months ago and became desperate to try it to see if they really do whiten teeth overnight.


Books

As always, I nipped into Oxfam to check out their books. They always have the 2 for £1 offer on and I quickly spotted the Kite Runner which is on my list of books to read. The others I hadn't heard of before, and it will be a while before I get to read them, but as someone who collects books, you can never have too many.

Fruit Gummies

Lastly I got some Fruit Gummies from Poundland. These are delicious!

That's my haul over with. Not that much stuff, but I'm happy with everything. When I got home from shopping, my package from E.L.F had arrived so expect another haul soon :)

1 comment:

  1. i love looking in TK Maxx for beauty items - they do some great deals in there!

    Lucy | Make Up Your Mind

    ReplyDelete