Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 12 December 2014

No 7 Beauty Advent Calendar// Day 1-12 Review

I really wanted a beauty advent calendar this year after finding out about them way too late last year. I was really torn between the Body Shop one and the No7 one. With Benefit, I found that most of the things I want to try, I already own through various kits. I decided on the No7 one as I thought there would be more chance of getting makeup- which I love- as opposed to bath stuff - which is okay but nothing to get excited about.

Day 1 - This calendar really started off with a bang. Whilst my friend text me to tell me that she got paper clips with her Benefit advent calendar, I text her back to her that I received a highlighter- but not of the stationary kind. I received a sample of the Skin Illuminator Radiance Boosting Beauty Fluid. I use this just on my cheek bones to create that festive glow, however some people like to use it all over, under their foundation. I was definately happy with this product and I think, although a sample, it will last ages.

Day 2 - I love a good lip product, so when I recieved this High Shine Lip Crayon in the shade Daydreamer, I again was very happy. The shade is very similar to my beloved Brave by Mac.


Day 3 - The next was a makeup brush - the Eye Colour brush. I like receiving makeup brushes but I just don't think this one is very good. It feels cheap and synthetic and I don't know what I would actually use it with.


Day 4 - I received some Youthful Eye Serum. I haven't used an eye serum before and you can use it under an eye cream so I'm excited to try this,

Day 5 - I actually love the colour of the polish that was behind day 5. I've already used it and I quite liked the formula so it's possible I would by more in the future. The shade is Highland Mist.

Day 6 - To be honest, I'm never that happy to receive mascaras, simply because I have so many. This one is okay and it gives a very natural lash look, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Day 7 - I don't often buy single eye shadows because I'd much rather buy a palette. These shadows are £7 on their own, so a nice treat. However, the shade isn't really festive or that unique for me to get excited about. It's a neutral grey/ taupe colour that I don't think I'll use very often as I have all the neutrals I need in my Naked palettes. I wasn't happy about how scratched up the packaging was either.



Day 8 - I got the Beautiful Skin Radiance Exfoliater. This is a perfect size to take travelling. I currently use a Soap & Glory exfoliator but it's a bit rough for me, so I'll happily try this to se if it's any better,

Day 9 - Protect and Perfect Intense Day Cream was nice in the calendar. My skin has gotten so dry lately, so I'm hoping the 'intense' is true and it will really hydrate my skin.

Day 10 - I got the Blissful body wash. I said earlier that bath stuff didn't excite me, but this smells so lovely, and again is perfect for travelling. I'm actually really excited to use this.

Day 11 - I got the Beautiful Skin Eye Makeup remover. I don't use eye makeup remover and tend to just use a micellar water. I tried this yesterday and wasn't impressed at all, but I'll give it another go, or at least til it's all gone. I think I'll get maybe a weeks use out of this.

Day 12 - This is the only thing I've received upto now that I've tried before. I liked the Stay Precise eye liner but found it dried up fast.

Upto now, I've been really happy with this advent calendar and I think it's been worth the £35. Did you get the No7 calendar? What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. It looks so good! I really wanted to get this but just did not get round to it. But it looks fab so far :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete