Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 19 February 2016

LAB2 Brushes // 'The Triple Threat Multi Purpose Brush' Review




We were all lucky enough to be gifted with 7 LAB2 brushes (stands for Live and Breathe Beauty) at the Hull Blogger Meet. I adore trying new makeup brushes and I have some from so many different ranges such as Real Techniques, Nanshy, Mac, Smashbox etc, so I was pretty excited to receive these.

Each brush came in a box, with a detailed 'How to Use' on the back of each one which I thought was a really nice touch, especially for someone who is just starting out using makeup. In terms of price range, these are similar to Real Technique brushes with both single face brushes £11.99.

To provide you with a proper first impressions review, I decided to do the majority of my makeup using only these brushes. I am going to spread this review over three posts. This post will focus on the 'Triple Threat Multi Purpose' brush.

The 'Triple Threat Multi Purpose' brush can be used for powder, bronzer and blush as according to the box. The shape is similar to that of a stipling brush, with it being completely flat at the end. Like the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, I believed it would do a good job of working in and blending my foundation. I put it to the test against my Estee Lauder Double Wear as it's the thickest foundation I own and I sometimes have trouble with streakiness.

I give it 10/10 for foundation application. I am seriously impressed with this brush and think it will be a favourite in my makeup routine from now on. I managed to blend the foundation in quickly, leaving a flawless finish on my skin. You could hardly tell I had foundation on at all!

However, as the title of the brush brags 'triple threat' I decided to put it to the test when applying other makeup. I applied concealer under my eye and decided to use the brush to buff this out. This did not work so good. Due to the shape of the brush and perhaps the denseness, it hurt my eyes a little and I could not get into all the little areas I wanted to. I had to stop and finish with my RT Buffing Brush which is a bit more flexible and less irritating for the delicate skin around my eyes.

Next I tried blush; I tried a powdered blush and a cream one. Both worked beautifully with the brush picking up just enough product and blending it out perfectly onto my cheeks. I've always used a similar shaped brush for cream blush, however, this was my first time using a powder one with this shaped blush, but I don't think it will be the last.

This brush also brags that it can be used to contour. I attempted to use this with my Nyx 'Taupe' blush to create a light contour down my cheekbones but it just didn't work. Using the edge picked up hardly any product, although this could be a reflection on the product I used also. I may try again using a dark concealer and see if this brush would buff it out.

Lastly, I used this brush to top my powder. I managed to buff it in fine, but I much prefer a fluffy powder brush to a stiff one. Keep checking back to see my review of the LAB2 Powder brush.

Have you tried these brushes before? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment