Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 5 April 2014

March Favourites!

I know everyone is saying this but March has flown by! In fact this whole year is disappearing before my very eyes. I can't believe in about 8 weeks time, I would have handed in my very last Uni assignment. Then it's time to be a grown up, get a proper job and start paying stuff like council tax.

March was a month I focused a lot on skin care. I bought my first Lush products, my first Micellar water, a whole lot of Soap and Glory and a few little bits of makeup. With the changing season, I wanted to make sure my skin was in the best possible condition it could be.

Once again, I've only included my top five products bought in March, or products that I really began to use and enjoy in March.

The first one is my Collection 2000 Queen of Hearts lipstick. I actually bought two Collection 2000 products, one of them being the famed Long Lasting Concealer. However, as much as I enjoy and like the concealer, the lipstick is just amazing. For £2.99, I couldn't believe the quality and the colour. I guess this was an obvious choice if you're a regular reader of my blog as I think this is the third blog post I've mentioned this in now? But yeah, if you're looking for a great lippy for an evening look that won't break the bank, look no further.

The next is my Bubblegum Lip Scrub from Lush. I bought this relatively early in the month and I'm so glad I did. It looks, smells and tastes amazing. For £5.50, you may think it's a bit expensive for such a little pot of product (well me and my student budget did haha) but I've used it almost everyday and not even made a dint. A little goes a long way and I can see this lasting right up to the expiry date.

I'm eventually going to do a separate post about Soap and Glory skin care range, as I love all 4 products I've bought this month. But my favorite has to be No Clogs Allowed. I bought it in a three for two offer at Boots as the fact it was a self heating face mask intrigued me . I've never used one before. And I must say it's the strangest sensation I've ever felt. My skin feels so clean and smooth after I used it, which I do one a week. I won't go on as like I said, I want to write another blog post, but I think it's definitely worth the £11.


MUA eye primer is next on the list. Another product I've mentioned before. I use this almost everyday and although it isn't as good as the Smashbox one, I feel for £2.50, it does an adequate enough job. I don't use it for nights out or important events, but for Uni or simply going shopping, I think it's great. It increases the lasting power of my eye makeup and reduces creasing, although it doesn't eliminate it completely. I'm still after another high end eye primer, for those night's out, and I'll probably invest in an e.l.f one when my student loan comes in (I know they're only like £2 but I plan on buying other stuff too haha.)


My last product is also an offering by MUA and it's the trio eyeshadow in the shade 'Chocolate Box.' I got this about 2 weeks ago in a Superdrug haul and I think the colours go perfectly together for a classy day time look. Although they're not as pigmented as I'd like them to be, I feel for £3 you can't complain too much. And they're doing a perfect job until my loan comes in and I can invest in the Naked 3 palette.

So there you have it :) I actually struggled writing this post as I wanted it to be genuine products that I love. I could have easily chosen my Revlon Colour Stay foundation or my Collection 2000 concealer but if I'm honest, I'm not too sure whether I'd repurchase them and I think I need a bit longer using them to make up my mind. I'd also just like to say thank you to everyone who follows me! :) I've just reached 100 followers which I still can't believe and I'm so grateful to everyone who reads my blog :)

2 comments:

  1. You need to try urban decay primer potion I've done a blog post on the 3 most talked about eye primers makeupbyrere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I just read it now. I'll definitely want to try the Urban Decay one :) x

      Delete