Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 2 April 2014

What's in my bag!

Is it just me, but whenever I read these 'what's in my bag' posts, it forces me to take a good hard look at my own life and wonder where I'm going wrong. I mean, why can't I be that organised?! All the time I see perfectly clean, super organised, tidy bags, then I take a look into my Mary Poppins style suitcase and sigh with envy. But then I also think that some bloggers are having us on. Surely no one can own an everyday bag without some loose change rattling around at the bottom, some screwed up bus ticket or a sneaky chocolate bar to cheer us up when we're having a bad day.

With that being said, I've decided to do my own 'What's in my bag,' but I've been completely honest. I've taken nothing out of my bag to impress you with my regimented bag packing skills. I've even kept in the bits of rubbish I was dying to throw into the bin so you wouldn't think I was such a scruffy sod.

But here it is. I've used my uni bag for this, as although I moan about my organisation skills, if I take a handbag to town or something, I literally only pack the bare essentials, so it wouldn't make for an interesting post.
My bag is from Schuh and it's Iron Fist.


I couldn't actually fit everything that was in my bag in this photo. I was quite appalled at how much crap I hoard haha.



The most important stuff is of course the beauty ;) I see some girls who pack entire makeup bags, but unless I'm doing something important, I will only take a powder, concealer and lipstick with me.

Body Shop Face Powder-I use this because my Rimmel Stay Matte has finally exploded into a 1000 pieces so I can't leave the house with it. The casing on this powder is pretty much indestructible although I've hit pan so will need to buy a new one soon.

Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer - My Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer is a relatively new edition to my bag makeup. With 2 different concealers and a powder to set them with, I've found it's the perfect handbag essential.

Maybelline Baby Lips - It goes without saying that every girl has a lip balm in their bag. This was the first one I picked up out of my stash.

Impulse Tease Body Spray- I remember when this first came out and I loved the smell. I still love it, and go through so many cans of this. It's always handy to have a spray to freshen up.

Poundland Nail File- This nail file was from Poundland and I got 6 in a pack. I popped one in my bag as I have a habit of ripping my nails off if they have split a little bit.

Hairbrush -The hair brush slash mirror (the blue thing) cost a couple of quid from Bodycare. They're so compact and useful.

Phone - My phone a Sony Xperia but I can't remember which one. As you can see it's a bit battered and I can't wait til my contract runs out in August so I can get a new one. 

Kindle- I have the normal Kindle with no special touch screen feature etc. As I'm on the bus for 4 hours a day, I rarely leave home without this. 

Ipod Classic - I've had this for about 6-7 years now and it's still going strong. Another essential for the long bus rides. 




Ted Baker Purse -I love my Ted Baker purse so much. It cost £65 and I bought it with my birthday money for my 21st. I actually don't keep this in my bag as I'm scared it will get scratched, or if I do, it's in a separate compartment. This holds all my cards (I have a lot) and I also keep any vouchers for Boots etc. As you can see, I have a few £1.99 Big Mac and chips vouchers haha. The only problem with this purse is that it does not hold much change. 


 Keys - Goes without saying really. I really need a keyring as my last one broke.

Hello Kitty Umbrella. - I got this for xmas 2012 and I love it. It's so cute and quirky. Except that the white colour is beginning to fade to leave a horrible brown underneath. Oh well, as long as it keeps me dry, that's all that matters.


My uni stuff. As you can see, I have a life supply of pens, due to me forgetting to bring one and having to purchase 16 of them at the quid shop. I found the pencil case under my bed, left over from A Level exam period. It stops the pens marking my books etc, even though it's not the prettiest thing in the world.

My diary was from Asda and perhaps is the only hint of organisation in the chaos of my bag.

As you can see, I have my module handbook from yesterday's seminar which was contemporary fiction. Plus my rather battered notebook.


Now onto the random crap of my bag. A pile of loose change that wouldn't fit into my purse Some sticky notes that I really should put in my pencil case to stop them getting any more screwed up. Some painkillers just in case. And a couple of tampons, because I think every girl carries spare tampons, even if they don't want to include it in their 'what's in my bag' post. 


Now onto the rubbish in my bag. First of all, an apple bake from Tesco which was sat in my bag for around a week before I finally ate it. I couldn't find a bin, so popped it back into my bag. An H&M receipt. A leaflet for the bus station. A coffee sticker thing from McDonald's and a Michael Kors piece of cardboard which I sprayed some perfume on. Exciting stuff. 

Now the random bits of food I shove into my bag every morning. A banana. A pack of Tomato Ketchup Walkers which I thought were Ready Salted. Two little sticks of fudge, to satisfy sweet cravings (it's better than a full Kit Kat chunky!) And my moustache waterbottle I bought from Primark last year for a couple of quid. All of this gets wrapped up in an Asda carrier bag so the banana doesn't explode over books and my drink doesn't leak. Oh yes, I'm the epitome of class and sophistication. 

So here you have it. If you have done a (honest) what's in my bag post, leave the links as I love to read them :) Don't forget to follow me on bloglovin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment