Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 9 August 2014

Hull Blogger Box Swap

A couple of months ago, me and some of the bloggers who attended the Hull blogger meet up in March decided to do a box swap. We were set a budget and names were picked out a hat to decide who we were creating our box for. We decided to do it anonymously, only revealing ourselves once the blogger had received their box. However, my blogger decided to remain anonymous and not leave her name anywhere. I'm having fun trying to work out who it is by process of elimination.

I loved everything I received and was so overwhelmed. I know us bloggers are nosey people so I've decided to blog about everything I received.

My products came in a beautiful, flowery box which is definitely being turned into a storage box. The products were padded with stringy green paper to keep them safe. My 1 year old niece definitely enjoyed that part of the box! I received a card explaining why she chose the products which was a nice touch, and she also put some sweeties in my box for me to enjoy.



The first thing that caught my eye was the Sanctuary Warming Micro Brasion Polish. I love trying new skin care products, and have never used anything like this before, and also never tried Sanctuary's range of skin care products. I've used this a few times, and will probably post a more in depth review in the future, but I've been enjoying using it.

Next was a hair mask by the brand 'Bleach.' I've never heard of this brand before but I love hair masks. In fact, it's probably the only treatment I do routinely. I'm excited to use this, especially as the blogger said it was one of her favourites.

The blogger had obviously been doing her research as I received a sample of the Estee Lauder Night Repair Serum. She knew I had just received the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation and said this works well with it.


The rest of the products in my box were by the brand 'Seventeen'. I always look at Seventeen makeup, but never end up buying anything. The blogger is obviously a huge fan and gave me a range of stuff to try.

The first thing that caught my eye is the Cheek Stamp Blush. Such a weird concept that always intrigued me and now I get to try it out. Although I was recommended to simply use a brush instead of the stamp.



The Seventeen Falsify HD mascara is fast becoming one of my favourite mascaras since I received it. The wand reminds me of my beloved L'Oreal Telescopic, and it makes my lashes look amazing. I tend not to buy mascaras for myself now as they're one product that overwhelmes with the vast variety, so it was nice to receive this new one.


I love lipsticks. I own over 40 now, and I love adding to my collection. So I was happy to receive a new one in the shade 'Make an Entrance' from the Seventeen Stay Pout Range. I already own a few lipsticks similar to this colour, however they are from more expensive brands (dupe post soon?) So it will be fun to see how this compares.



Lastly I received a single eyeshadow in the shade 'Statuesque.' I often overlook sinngle eye shadow pots in favour of palettes, so it was nice to receive one in such a pretty colour.


So there was my box. I'm so happy with what I got, and I adore everything. Thanks to Hannah for organising this swap in the first place, and once again, a huge thank you to the blogger who made my box.

Have you taken part in a box swap before?


2 comments:

  1. I love taking part in Box swaps - you get to experience what others enjoy and I think it's a great way to try new products :)

    Jenny xx

    ramblingsofajaffacat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard creating a box for someone you don't know that well though! But I enjoyed taking part :) xx

      Delete