Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 22 August 2014

My First Mac Purchases

I couldn't believe I'd been blogging for over six months, and had yet to buy any Mac makeup, despite the numerous reviews and hauls I've read. The main reason for this is that there isn't a Mac store anywhere near where I live. But I was also saving myself for my holiday, where there's a Mac store in the duty free.



I had a pretty good idea about what products I wanted, knowing I wanted a few lipsticks, a concealer and a foundation.

I tried a couple of the foundations out, eventually choosing Macs Studio Fix. I liked that it was full coverage, which perhaps is an odd choice to make in summer, but the medium coverage one I tried (the mineralized one I think) I felt that it made my skin look greasy. I bought a pump to go with my foundation for about £3 because I hate foundations without the pump. I don't understand why almost all cheaper foundations come with pumps, yet high end ones don't? Anyway, in the duty free, my foundation was £17.50.

I also bought the Pro Longwear concealer. I really don't understand why this comes with a pump, yet the foundations don't. So far, I'm really enjoying using this, but it's hard to get the exact amount you need. This cost £12.50 in the duty free.



Lastly, the three lipsticks I bought were Girl About Town, Rebel and Heroine. I've only worn Girl About Town upto now, as the other two are more winter lipsticks. These were £12.50.


I was also lucky enough to receive a sample of Macs Prep and Prime in the post. That was waiting for me when I got back.


I hope you enjoyed reading my post. What was your first ever Mac purchase?

8 comments:

  1. Wow, looks as though you spent a fortune! Welcome to the mac side! Xx
    Katiesdressingroom.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd been saving up for weeks especially for the Mac counter! xx

      Delete
  2. You got some great things! I have wanted rebel lipstick for ages!

    Hannah Heartss x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty, I can't wait til Autumn to wear it xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely choices! I adore Heroine, it's one of my fave ever lipsticks. I think my firs MAC item was lipstick in Myth which is totally the wrong shade for me! Www.Emlota.Wordpress.Com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I went to a counter because a lot of shades people hype about didn't suit me at all! xx

      Delete
  4. I haven't got anything from Mac yet but I'm dying to! A lipstick will deffo be the first thing I purchase ;-) Girl about town looks like a really nice shade. Enjoy your purchases xx

    www.clionahill.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Girl About Town is my favourite, it's so pretty! xx

      Delete