Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 15 March 2014

Fragrance Direct Haul #2


So I wasn't expecting to place another order on Fragrance Direct quite so soon as my last one. However, my mum said she wanted some bits off there for Mother's Day. After trying to get out of her what she actually wanted, I was quite unsuccessful so I got her around £25 worth of stuff to surprise her with. I'm not going to put on here what I've got her in case she decides to have a nosey :P

I also wanted some bits for myself, although I told myself I would wait at least another month. But as I was already placing an order, I thought I would save on postage and get the things I wanted now.

The first thing that went into my basket is the Revlon Colorstay foundation for combination/oily skin in shade ivory. I've only ever owned 2 different foundations and both were by Maybelline, but a lot of bloggers talk about this foundation and say it's a dupe for a Mac one. My foundation has been looking a little dark for my skin lately, so I got this in the lightest shade possible and so far, I'm quite happy with it. Although, I'll probably be too dark for it again in a few weeks, the way this weather is going. This cost me £6.99, quite a big difference from the £12.49 RRP.

Rimmel Stay Matte Shine Control foundation went in second. I received a sample of this in a magazine a couple of months ago and really liked it, although the sample was only big enough to use twice. Again, I got this in the lightest shade possible. I used it again today and I really like it, although like most other drugstore foundations, the lightest shade is still a bit too dark for me. Nothing a lot of blending won't fix. There's another version of this foundation on the site, with the packaging seen in Boots and Superdrug and it's simply called Stay Matte, so I'm not sure what the difference is between the two foundations, whether the new one is just updated packaging. Anyway, this cost me £3.25.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Shimmer Touch in the shade Radiant Rose went in next. I wasn't sure what this was when I added it, but I was intrigued so I bought it anyway. After using it and doing a little research online, I've found it's almost like a highligher. It adds a glow to the skin and also a hint of colour, not so much as blush though. I'm still figuring out if I like it, but for £2.25, I couldn't really go wrong.


Last time I ordered, I said I wanted to try out a couple more of the Dainty Doll Eyeshadows, so two more went into my basket. I chose the shades Lollipops and Roses and Jungle; Lollipop is a bright pink and Jungle is a teal colour, both bright, pigmented and gorgeous. I still can't get over how cute the packaging is for this product either. My only complaint is that the shade isn't written anywhere on the packaging, so it's quite annoying having to open all three of the pots to see what colour they are. It was easier when I only had one! Again, I'm really impressed with this product and especially the price which is £1.99. There are three shades left on Fragrance Direct that I haven't got, so if they are still available when I order next, they are definitely off in my basket.


I also got another L'Oreal Colour Infallible Eyeshadow in shade Up All Night. I'm not going to go on about these, as I think most beauty bloggers own one, but oh my, this shade is gorgeous. It's a deep blue that would be perfect for any evening look. I can't wait until Friday when I can try this out. I'm definitely investing in more of these shadows. These cost £1.50.




The next two products were also L'Oreal. I got two L'Oreal Colour Riche Made for Me Lipsticks in shades Sparkling Amethyst and Orange Fever. I chose the Sparkling Amethyst shade as my favourite Rimmel lipstick is called Amethyst Shimmer. The colours are quite similar but I'd say the L'Oreal one is a bit brighter. It has specks of glitter in it, which like it's name sake, makes it sparkly. I bought the Orange Fever shade as I recently bought a Revlon Matte balm in an orange shade (might have been audacious?) and I loved it. I thought I'd get a non-matte lipstick to see what it's like. I must say, I don't like it as much as the Revlon one; it's almost too bright, but I will keep at it. Both lipsticks were £1.99 each.



The last thing I bought was a Hard Candy Painted Lady Lipstick in shade 201, which is the lightest shade available on the site. I got this because like most people, I always want things I can't have and Hard Candy is a US brand not available in Boots or Superdrug. The packaging on this is amazing as you can see from the photos. It's so bright and quirky! The lipstick however, I'm still undecided on. It's a really pale pink with a shimmer and I'm not used to wearing shades like that. I've worn it twice, and the first time I hated it, the second time I thought it made my lips look a bit bigger. I think it depends on what makeup I'm wearing with the lipstick.




So there's my second haul :)

Revlon Color Stay Foundation £6.99 - RRP £12.49
Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation £3.25 - RRP £5.99
Rimmel Wake Me Up Shimmer Touch £2.25 - RRP £4.99
Dainty Doll Eye Shadow (x2) £1.99 -RRP £11.50
L'Oreal Colour Infallible Eyeshadow £1.50 -RRP £6.99
L'Oreal Colour Riche Made For Me Lipstick (x2) £1.99 -RRP £7.99
Hard Candy Painted Lady Lipstick £1.95 - RRP £8.50

So all together I spent £23.90 instead of £77.94 saving a massive £54.04, which I think we can all agree is pretty amazing. Have you ever bought anything from Fragrance Direct?

(Oh, and can we all take a moment to admire the background for my blog my boyfriends making for me. It's not finished yet, but I'm loving how it's starting to look :)

1 comment:

  1. I really want to try the Revlon Colourstay Foundation but have five other foundations on the go at the minute, so need to use those up first! I keep hearing so many good things about Fragrance Direct - I really must place an order.

    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete