Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 28 March 2014

My top 5 products under £3!

I've been thinking of doing this blog post for a while now, but I wanted to make sure that the products I've included are products I actually love and use myself that I think are brilliant for the price. As a student, I know how it is when you're feeling a bit tight with money, but hopefully this blog will help fellow makeup lovers to update their makeup bags without spending a bomb in Boots.


The first product on this list is naturally my NYC liquid eyeliner. I first saw Suzanne Jackson on sosueme.ie review this and apparently Megan Fox uses this eyeliner. As someone who is not a big fan of liquid eyeliner, I can safely say this is one of my Holy Grail products. I use this nearly every day. I find it so easy to create the perfect cat eye flick, as although it is a brush. it's shaped like a pen rather than a nail polish (if that makes sense.) I'm still on my first tube but I know this is a product I will buy over and over again. I put the price as £1-£2.49 as I bought mine from Superdrug for £2.49 but then saw it appear in Poundland.


My Miss Sporty Dr Balm is another goody found in Poundland. I was going to put my Maybelline Babylips on here, but I've decided I like my Dr Balm so much more. I love the taste and the formula feels more nourishing than Babylips. Don't get me wrong, I still love my Babylips, I just think for £1 cheaper, I would probably go for Dr Balm. The one thing I will say is that I'm not sure if this product contains SPF whereas Babylips does. Again, this is £1.99 in Boots/Superdrug but I got mine in Poundland.


Of course, I had to include an MUA product in this blog post. I recently bought an MUA eye primer after using up my Smashbox one and for the price, I think it's brilliant. Of course, it's not going to be as good as my £15 high end one, but for £2.50, I can't complain at all. Eye primers are new to me and I can't believe how much difference these make to my makeup.


I literally bought my Collection 2000 Lasting Colour lipstick a couple of weeks ago, and I've already made my mind up that I love it. I chose the shade Queen of Hearts, a deep bright red that's very similar to my No7 Love Red lippy, but there are 11 other shades to chose from. This lipstick has SPF 15, so if that's something that's important to you, you don't have to worry about that. I will be adding more of these lipsticks to my collection, I like them that much.

The last item in my list is the L'Oreal Colour Infallible eyeshadows. I have two of these at the moment, and I love them so much. You may see this product in the list and think that they're £5.29, £2 over my £3 limit. But I don't buy mine from Boots/Superdrug. I first discovered them on Fragrance Direct for £1.50, which I think is amazing. I know with the postage it would actually make the product £3.50, so unless you're buying other stuff, it would push it over the £3 limit. The other option is Ebay. On Ebay, you can find these for around £2.20 (depending which buyer of course) with the postage included, still a lot cheaper than the shop price. The only bad thing about buying this product from these sites, is the lack of shades.

So here's my list :) I hope you saw something you'd consider buying and I hope I inspired you if you want to give your purse a bit of a break.

Don't forget if you like my posts to follow me on Bloglovin :) Link at the top of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment