Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 13 March 2014

The Liebster Award :)

So I got home from uni yesterday to find out I had been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Own Kind Of Beautifulx. I've never been nominated for a blog award before, although I have only been blogging for a few weeks, but it was a lovely surprise :)

The idea is to answer 11 questions set by the person who nominates you, followed by 11 random facts - so here goes :)

1. How would you describe your personal style?

Erm, my style changes daily depending on how I feel that day, what the weather's like and whether I have time to iron my outfit. I love vintage clothes though and love wearing playsuits, and the small selection of original vintage dresses I own. A compliment from my dad is 'You're looking very modern today.' as he hates my vintage clothes haha. My style icon is Katy Perry and I love the quirkiness of her outfits so I try to follow that with unique bags and unusual hair accessories :)

2. Do you have a nickname?

My name is Lucy so it gets shortened to Luce a lot. My friend also calls me a name that rhymes with my last name but it's quite rude so I won't put it here :P

3. What's your favourite ice cream flavour?

Chocolate, or coffee  :)

4. What was your favourite programme when you was a child?

Er, this is a tough one. When I was a toddler, apparently I used to watch Barney a lot and as I got older, I tended to watch most programmes on the Disney Channel, so Lizzie McGuire, Suite Life, 8 Simple Rules etc...

5. If your life was a movie, what would the title be?

Tough questions! :P Maybe a title from a song I like, something angsty like 'Awful' from Hole.

6. What made you start your blog?

A lot of things... I study creative writing so writing is a hobby anyway and this was one way of expressing that, that doesn't cost nine grand in tuition fees. I also read a lot of blogs and kind of wanted to put my own opinion out there on products I like.

7. What music do you like?

My music taste is so weird and varied... My favourite band is Blink 182 and my first tattoo was their logo. I also love Taylor Swift. My ipod is just full of different artists from Miley Cyrus to screamo. It would be easier to say bands I dislike, which are any bands that fit into the 'Indie' genre, especially if they're British. I can't stand bands liken Artic Monkeys, I don't know why, I've just never liked them. I much prefer American bands.

8. What are your main interests?

Obviously, blogging and makeup would be too obvious. I love reading, and I'm in my third year of uni studying English Literature at the minute. I also love vintage; I go to a lot of vintage fairs and enjoy visiting the one local female vintage shop we have. Also, a big interest is my wedding which is happening next year :)

9. If your life was a movie, what actor would you get to play you and why?

Jennifer Lawrence because she trips up almost as much as I do.

10. What's your favourite food?

I love Chinese food, we get a Chinese takeaway at least once a week. In fact, me and my family are on first name terms with the  lady who owns our favourite Chinese and she brings us presents back from China haha

11. What is your favourite quote?

What a horrible question for an English student! I have 'And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.' tattooed on me and it's from The Perks of Being a Wallflower which I read about 6 years ago when I was 15 and it changed my life.

Also, 'All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.' which is from Chuck Palahniuks Invisible Monsters, which is my favourite book.

And lastly '“They say women can’t play guitar as well as men. I don’t play the guitar with my fucking vagina, so what difference does it make?” - Brody Dalle. I consider myself a feminist and think this quote can be applied to pretty much anything girls get told they can't do as well as boys. 

11 Random Facts

.My birthday is on Halloween.

.My boyfriend proposed to me on my 19th birthday. A lot of people said we were too young. 2 years later, we set a date to get married. 25/07/2015 :)

.I have 2 pet geckos.

.I'm in the middle of watching 90210 after discovering it on Netflix and I'm addicted. 

.I didn't own a foundation until last year.

.Me and my boyfriend are off to Sunny Beach in Bulgaria this year. 

.I'm naturally blonde.

.I'm about 35 books in on a 100 books to read before you die list.

.I can't walk in heels, something I really want to do.

.I own a dress that's around 70 years old.

.I  used to have my septum pierced.

That was fun to do :) I hope you enjoyed finding out a little bit more about me. Keep an eye out for new blogposts over the weekend, featuring a new haul from Fragrance Direct. And don't forget to follow me on bloglovin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment