Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 16 March 2014

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder Review.

Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder is something I've been using for the past couple of months. I kept hearing mixed reviews about this product, however, after seeing it in BodyCare for £2.99, I decided to give it a go to make my own mind up on it. I got the shade Peach Glow.

The first thing I'm going to talk about is the packaging. You see the state of the product? It's left my house twice. Yes, TWICE! The first time, I popped it in my bag when I went to uni and when I got home, I discovered a crack in the plastic casing. Slightly annoyed but just figured I must have dropped a book on it or something. I wasn't going to take it out again, but on a night out, I quickly chucked it into my bag so I had something to keep shine at bay (the clubs in my home town aren't known for their air con. It gets so hot.) Anyway, I was sat down, rummaging through my bag for my phone, when this fell out. I was sat down so it wasn't like it had far to fall, but the lid went flying off and a huge chunk of product chipped away. At least it wasn't the whole thing. So, yeah, if you buy this, either keep it in a tough makeup bag so nothing can get to it, or just don't leave the house with it, as I can guarantee it will break.


Other than the useless packaging, I was quite impressed with the product. The product claims to provide natural shine control for up to five hours and help minimise the appearance of pores. I wouldn't say it lasts for five hours but I think it depends on what I'm doing that day and how warm it is. I tend to touch up before I go into class anyway, so this is about 3-4 hours after applying the powder for the first time and I don't notice too much oilyness at this point. But if I don't touch up, by the time I get home, I look awful.

I couldn't comment on the appearance of pores as mine aren't that big anyway.

I will definitely buy this product again, as for around £3, I think it's amazing. I've just recently bought the Stay Matte foundation so it will be interesting to see how long the powder lasts using that as well. I would recommend this to anyone, as I think it's very subjective to your skin type, so for £3 you may just end up discovering a great product.

3 comments:

  1. I use this as well and I love it! I use the translucent shade! =)

    Sal//Novarellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used this before and I remember it being pretty good! I tend to go for a mineral powder now as I feel it looks more natural! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this powder!! check out my blog on blogspot carleysworldofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete