Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 23 March 2014

Hull Blogger Meet 22nd March 2014

If you follow me on twittter, then you'll already know that yesterday I attended the Hull Blogger Meet Up. It was my first ever blogging event and I was so excited and happy that I got a chance to go.

The event took place at The English Muse on Newland Ave. Me and my boyfriend were going to have something to eat there back in January but it was fully booked, so I was glad that I'd finally get a chance to see what it looked like inside. If you're into books, art or simply places with a lot of character, then you'd love this place.


I attended the event with my friend Abbey. It was only by chance I discovered this event existed. I had English Muse on my facebook and they revealed that they were holding a beauty blogger event, whilst sharing the blog of Charley, the organiser. I tracked Charley down on twitter, asking her if she'd let me know if she ever organises another event, and to my surprise and utter delight, she told me I was more than welcome to attend yesterdays. I asked if it was possible to bring a friend who also blogged and she said yes.

At first I was nervous; I've only been blogging a few weeks and I don't have hundreds of followers so why should I even be attending a blogging event? I didn't know what to expect at all. But I needn't have worried. About 12 girls attended the event; each one with different blogging experiences. Everyone was so lovely and welcoming.

We all ordered our drinks and shimmied round so everyone had somewhere to sit. The drinks were amazing! I ordered a cookie and cream milkshake (sorry diet) and Abbey ordered a mint ice tea.

We chatted for a little while and everyone introduced themselves and said where they blogged. Then we got given the goodie bags. Oh my God, the goodie bags. I don't think anything more could have been crammed into them. I'll write another post in a couple of days detailing what was in the bags, but as you can see from the photo I posted on Facebook there was loads. Everything from slimming tea, to skin products, to makeup to some quirky jewelry. Plus I have some discount codes for my readers :)


After the goody bags, we did the raffle. To my joy, I actually won a prize (I never win) but then I found out Charley had enough prizes so everyone won. Why doesn't every raffle do that?! That idea needs to catch on and fast. The raffle prizes were amazing too; I won a Baylis and Harding bath set which was huge and so did Abbey. Other's won makeup brushes, February's Glossy Box, fake tan and more.

After another hour or so of chatting, we all heading into town to do some shopping. Unfortunately we lost everyone as we went on separate buses, but we only had an hour or so anyway before we had to catch the bus back into Grimsby. Abbey spent about a months wages on Lush bath bombs, and I got a couple of bits from Superdrug but I didn't go wild because I was already carrying a bag full of stuff I hadn't even gone through properly yet.

And that was the meet up :) I think if you're considering going to a beauty blogger event but are a bit nervous because you are a newbie blogger (like me) then just go for it. Nobody is going to think you don't deserve to be there because you have less than 100 followers. You might even get some great tips from other bloggers on how to build your blog up. Overall, I had a great time and I can't wait to attend other events in the future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment