Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Disappointing Products

I know this sort of post causes debate in the blogging world over whether we should write about products we disagreed with, however I think it's just as important to write about products that didn't work just as much as ones that did. But please keep in mind that just because something doesn't work for me, it doesn't mean that it won't work for you.

I spotted this Revlon Baby Skin in my local Poundland. I know I shouldn't expect big things for something that only cost a quid, but I'm a big fan of Revlon makeup, and have purchased other makeup that I love in Poundland. I didn't know what it was when I bought it, but curiosity got the better of me. I think it's supposed to be a lip/cheek tint, but it does neither of these.


The product has basically no pigmentation and feels really greasy on the skin. I've never seen this in Boots or Superdrug so maybe it got discontinued, but if you see it in your local Poundland, save yourself a quid or go buy some Haribo or something instead.

I received the Silk + Honey Shea Butter Hair Mask from my June Birchbox. This is a DIY product, although my sample was already made up. For the full size, it costs £55! Because of this, I expected great things. I've used it just once, and I had to use about half of the pot to coat my thick, long hair. The mask left my hair feeling really oily and greasy. I usually leave my hair to dry naturally, but I blasted it with a hair dryer just to see if my hair was still a bit damp. Nope. Just a few hours after washing my hair, I had to spray it with dry shampoo just so it didn't look like I hadn't washed in a week. I know I only used this once, and maybe should have given it another go to see if the results were the same, but I was so unhappy after the first use. The packaging also went all wrinkly and unattractive after keeping it by my bath. I honestly don't see the point in paper stickers on bath products.



Another product I received in a beauty box that I was dissapointed with is the So Susan Concealer Quad. This supposedly is worth £20, which is shocking considering the quality of the product. I actually quite like the packaging. I like the illustrations and it's small and compact - perfect for popping into a handbag. The concealer itself is so dry though. I tried to show you by rubbing my finger into it which is the only way to get product up at all as using a brush is pointless. I hate using my fingers as I think it's unhygenic. I thought that maybe I had a dodgy product, but after seeing some other reviews, I know I'm not alone. It's a shame because I had high hopes for this and love it when I receive makeup in a beauty box.




Lastly, there's my Maybelline Pop Stick in the shade Orange Crush. I bought this off Fragrance Direct near the beginning of the year, and maybe it was my fault because I didn't research properly, but I was not expecting what I received, I was desperate to try out the orange lip trend, but didn't want to spend a fortune in case it didn't suit me. This lip product was only a couple of quid, so I can't really complain too much, but it has hardly any pigmentation. Whereas I was expecting a lipstick, this is a translucent balm with flecks of glitter running through it. I've kept it because it's nice for a subtle hint of colour, but if you like a bold lip, I wouldn't buy this,




There's been lot's of products that have disappointed me over the months, but these are the four that jumped to mind. Have you tried any of these products before?

No comments:

Post a Comment