Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 8 September 2014

Tanya Burr Vampire Kiss Lip Gloss // Review

I'm not a huge fan of lip gloss, only owning three in my entire collection. However, I was desperate to jump on the Tanya Burr bandwagon and try out one of her products.

You may remember the Bristol haul I posted a few months ago, in which I purchased a gloss in the shade 'Vampire Kiss.' There's an overwhelming 12 shades to choose from, and after staring at them all for a good five minutes, unable to swatch them on my wrist, I decided to play it safe and choose my go-to shade; a deep red.

I was also drawn to the name, being born on Halloween and loving any vampire film, program or novel, minus Twilight (although that's probably where she got the name from. I'm going to imagine she drew inspiration from something much cooler like True Blood.)

The packaging for the product is faultless and wouldn't look out of place on a high end makeup counter. The gloss itself is creamy and smells like sweeties. If there's anything I love more than sweets, it's makeup that smells like them.

The gloss has minimal stickyness. Maybe because I'm used to only wearing lipsticks, the gloss feels slightly heavy on my lips and I can tell it's there, although it doesn't cause any irritation or annoyance such as my hair sticking to it.

The applicator is doe foot which allows precise application. The shade of the gloss itself isn't all that I imagined it to be. I bought it assuming that it would be perfect for the Autumn/Winter season because of it's dark colour, although once on the lips, it's much sheerer, brighter and would be suitable all year round.

The only thing I dislike about this product is the short expiry date. Once it's opened, you have to use it within three months, although I like to go by the rule that if it looks, smells, and applies okay then it's fine to use.

I will definitely consider buying more of these glosses. I have my eye on Exotic Island  and Aurora at the moment. At £7.99, they're affordable, however I'm not completely converted to lipglosses and hope Tanya brings out a range of lipsticks soon!

Have you tried any Tanya Burr makeup?

4 comments:

  1. I really want to try some of these as well! Thanks for the honest review x

    http://www.jasmincharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought mine with Superdrug points! haha xxx

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried any of the Tanya Burr makeup. Do you know if it's available in the US?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be available on Feel Unique? xxx

      Delete