Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Kylie Jenner Lip: High End vs High Street

I wouldn't even say I'm a fan of the Kardashians after never watching a single episode of their show, however, not even I could help pressing the little follow button on the Jenner sister's instagram accounts.

There's just something so alluring about their fashion and beauty, so even though I sometimes forget who's Kylie and who's Kendall, me, along with the rest of the beauty world are obssessed.

I recently tweeted that I was heading to Meadowhall to discover my perfect nude lipstick. I knew I wanted a high end one as there would be someone at the counter who would help me (although I'm not sure how much help she was as she seemed hungover.) The obvious choice was Mac as they offer the luxury and quality but are as not as expensive as say Chanel or YSL. I'm aware I only posted 'My First Mac Puchases,' a few days ago, but I'm going to admit it. I've fallen onto the Mac bandwagon. Hard.

The makeup artist picked out a lot of the popular nudes, but I'm very conscious of nude lipsticks making me look like I've just smeared concealer onto my lips. Some of the popular shades like Shy Girl did not suit me at all.

She then pulled out a matte lipstick. It might have been Velvet Teddy but I'm not completely sure. Anyway, I tried it on and loved it, but I really didn't want a matte lipstick as they really dry my lips. She then pulled out 'Brave.'

I fell in love with this straight away. It's almost a shade of brown, just touching on pink and is definitely 'my lips but better' colour.

I got home, keen to wear it to a meal later when I noticed a lipstick I had been wearing earlier in the week. Rimmel's Lasting Finish lipstick in the shade 'Asia' is almost an exact dupe.

'Asia' was one of the first lipsticks I ever bought. I love the formula of the Rimmel lipsticks, as do most of the beauty world. You can see from the swatches how similar the shades are.

Left- Asia, Right-Brave

So if you want Kylie Jenner lips, but don't want the hefty price tag, I recommend this shade. I like to wear matte, nude eye shadows with a little bit of smoke created from a gel or kohl liner to complete the Kylie Jenner look.
Rimmel -Asia

Mac -Brave

Have you tried any of these lipsticks? What do you think of Kylie Jenner's look?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post! I adore Kylie Jenner, style/makeup soooo much! SHe always looks flawless! Thank you for doing this post as I have just ordered , "Asia" right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely comment! :) Hope you enjoy your lipstick xx

    ReplyDelete