Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 2 June 2014

April/ May favourites

Due to having 4 essays due last month, I neglected my blog a bit, which meant I completely missed my favourites out. This was a shame because there was loads of products I discovered in April which I loved. So I decided to do a combined favourite and talk about 10 products I loved instead of the usual 5.

April.

1. PS Love Nails

The first thing on my April favourites is the PS Love nails from Primark. I'm not going to go too in depth as I've reviewed them here, but a complete bargain at £1.

2. PS Love Felt Liner 
The next thing on my list is the felt liner again from Primark's PS Love Range. I love felt liners as I think they're the easiest liner to work with, but I've always bought ones that are about £8. I find that as I apply them on top of eye shadow, the powder dries it out quickly. The Primark liner does the same job and was only £1.50!

3. E.L.F High Definition Powder
 I made my first e.l.f order in April (which I still need to blog about) and in that order was the HD Powder. The packaging is a little bulky, and I think it smells a bit funny but that could be the powder puff rather than the product, but I love the way this makes my skin look. I bought this when they had the 50% off sale so I think it was only about £4, but I've already decided to repurchase this when it runs out..

4. MUA Undress Me Highlighter.

I bought this a few months ago, but never really got into the swing of using it, but lately I've been reaching for this instead of my Benefit High Beam. It cost just £3, so if you're a bit unsure about highlighters, this is perfect to dip your toes into. I've used it so much and it hasn't even made a dint in the product.

5. Tangle Teezer
 The last thing in my April favourites is my Tangle Teezer. A little pricey at about £11, and I'm always loosing it in my bedroom, but I've noticed it doesn't pull as much hair out as my other brushes.

May.

1. Topshop Lipstick - Macaroon

 I finally treated myself to a couple of Topshop lipsticks. Considering they're from a highstreet shop and not a makeup brand, they're surprisingly expensive at £8. Although I love the packaging, they were something I just used to walk past as I assumed they wouldn't be very good. Then I watched Zoella constantly talk about how her favourite lipstick is a Topshop one and the quality can be compared to Mac, and I knew I had to have one. I bought both Infrared (because that's Zoella's favourite shade) and Macaroon. As first I wasn't impressed, as the lipstick sunk into the cracks on my lips, but then I started applying balm beforehand and it made such a difference. I wore Macaroon three days in a row which I never usually do, I love it that much.



2. Sleek - Vintage Romance
I blogged a few weeks ago talking about my Bristol haul and the Sleek Palettes I picked up. I originally wanted the Garden of Eden Palette, and the Matte Brights one, and I eventually chose the Vintage Romance one as my 'freebie'. I didn't for one minute think it would end up being my favourite. Like all Sleek palettes, the colours are so pigmented and I just love the names of the shades.


3. Real Techniques Buffing Brush.

I hate talking about something everyone else seems to love, just because if a product is blogged about enough times, everyone gets bored of it. But I picked up the RT Core collection in TK Maxx, used the buffing blush for my foundation like everyone recommends, and now I'm never looking back. It goes on so flawlessly and evenly, and doesn't feeling like it's too thick on the skin like some foundation brushes do.

4. Makeup Revolution- Rebel With Cause Lipstick.

I recently talked about my Makeup Revolution haul, and out of the whole 9 lipsticks I bought, this is definitely my favourite shade. It looks like a really dark red but once on, it has some pink and purple tones in it, which I think suit my skin tone perfectly. I think darker lipsticks look better on me, which is bad luck as we're in the Summer season where it's all about brights. But nevermind, I've never been one to follow the fashion trends, why start now?


5. Lasting Perfection Concealer - Collection.

Another product I bought a few months ago and at first I wasn't really sure on it, but now I reach for it everyday without fail. The packaging is a bit rubbish and I end up with black fingers from the writing, but the product inside is genius. Again, a product every blogger loves so I won't go on too much about it.


I hoped you enjoyed reading my favourites and I'm really enjoying getting back into the blogging world again. Remember to follow me on bloglovin' if you like my posts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment