Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 1 June 2014

Vintage and Craft Fair Haul

I've just this minute got back from a local Vintage and Craft fair and got some lovely bargains. Considering I wasn't planning on buying anything, I just wanted to 'look', I came back with quite a bit.

The only clothing I bought was this jumper. It cost a fiver and I was immediately drawn to the print of it. I did remember that it is now June and supposedly summer, but then I remembered I lived in England. The jumper is quite thin so it would be nice to wear on an evening or a slightly cooler day. Its a couple of sizes too big for me but I love baggy jumpers.

The next things I bought were from a stall selling handmade cleansers, toners, bathbombs etc. I love Lush, like most people, but do consider it a bit pricey. I don't normally wear toner but got given a sample of the tea tree one in Lush a while ago. Seeing this one for just £3.50 convinced me to buy it to see if it did make a difference to my skin. I also picked up this Diamond Nail oil as my friend convinced me it was good and it cost just a pound.

I think it's pretty obvious I love makeup, and when I spotted this bright pink packaging, I thought how good it would look on my dressing table. Inside there is a powder puff and an unopened block of powder. The smell isn't really to my taste, in fact I think it smells a bit like cat wee, but I love that it's old and a quite unique decoration. The woman said it was from the 50's and I'm not sure how true that it, but after a quick google, I've found it was very popular about 30-40 years ago. The lady let me have this for £2.50.


I next picked up this little broach for 50p. I don't normally wear broaches but I was just drawn to this and I loved that it has been made with a shell from cleethorpes.

I picked up this flower made from a record for £1.50 and I just think it's something unique for my bedroom. The stall had some amazing cake stands made from records but sadly, I'd have nowhere to store them until me and my boyfriend get our own place together.

Lastly, I picked up these felt flowers. I was drawn to them, as I'm getting married next year and I'm constantly on the look out for unique bouquet ideas. This cost me £3 which is a complete bargain considering some wedding places charge up to £80! I'm going to put this in my shisha pipe as a pretty decoration.

So there's my haul. Have you picked up any bargains from vintage/craft fairs before?

No comments:

Post a Comment