Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 24 June 2014

My Top 5 Summer/Holiday Lipsticks!

I know when most people go on holiday, they probably antagonize over how many pairs of shoes to take, how many different dresses, whether this top will go with that pair of shorts. Well, I have these problems too, except the indecisiveness extends to my makeup bag. I lust for the days when I literally could fit my entire makeup collection into one bag and still have room for more; but since discovering blogging and the addictive nature of beauty products, I actually don't think my entire collection would fit in my hand luggage bag any more.

Some choices will be easy to make such as base products, but the one thing I'm thinking over the most is what lipsticks to take. I'm going away for 2 weeks, so I decided 5 would be a suitable number of lipsticks to take without going overboard. I currently own over 30 lipsticks so it wasn't easy choosing between them but I did it.

1) No one needs me to tell them that orange lips are huge this summer, and it seems that a firm beauty blogger favourite is the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in the shade 'Audacious.' I find that this applies best over a layer of lip balm, as matte lipsticks tend to sink into the cracks of my lips. Other than that, I absolutely love this lipstick, from the colour to the packaging to the minty taste of the product.


2) My new favourite lipstick is Rimmel's Kate 110. Like the previous lipstick, this one is also a matte shade. I saw Suzanne Jackson of SoSueMe wear this and instantly wanted it. It's more red than the Revlon lipstick, but the formula is amazing and I never have any problems with the way it looks on my lips. I'll probably be wearing this the most, as it's so beautiful.


3) This lipstick was featured in my May favourites and it's Macaroon by Topshop. I've been wearing this so much and I think it's definitely got a place in my holiday makeup bag. It looks very pink in the tube but once on, it's almost a nudey pink shade.


4) I need a classic red in my makeup bag just in case we decide to go out for a nice meal or a show and I think this Bourjois one fits the bill. I was torn between this one and my Collection 'Queen of Hearts' lipstick, but I think the shade I picked is more summery as it's a bit lighter.


5) Lastly is this MUA one I picked up a couple of weeks ago. I think everyone needs a nude lipstick wherever they go, for when they want to go big on the smokey eye. This lipstick is shade 14 and only cost £1!



What are your holiday lipstick picks?

6 comments:

  1. I have ALL those lipsticks! Audacious is my fave. Love it! http://sugarandspicex1x.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good picks! I love the revlon matte balms as well - it's such a lovely colour x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we got the same revlon lip product :-p great minds think alike I got mine last week when I was meant to get blusher... In my defence it was buy one get one half price although I liked other shades they had but they weren't matte :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there's hardly any in Grimsby :( x

      Delete