Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 15 June 2014

End of Year Ball

I've already posted about my preparation for the ball and the makeup I wore, so now I thought I'd actually talk about the event itself. Although the university holds balls each year, this was the first one I actually attended. I just felt it would be a nice ending to my whole university experience.


As I don't live in Hull, my boyfriend booked us a hotel in the city center- The Ibis. I think it only cost about £30 for the night, and was a nice little room, close to everything. I didn't take any photos of the room as it was pretty basic, but it did the job and was just as nice, plus cheaper, than the Travelodge.

Me and my boyfriend changed then got a taxi to the university. Everyone was dressed up, but I think most people's eyes were on my boyfriend! I had previously dyed his hair a bright pink two days before and he had it up in a mohawk. I lost count on the number of strangers who asked him for a photo.

Before got drinks, we decided to go on some of the rides, a spinny one and the dodgems. Luckily my false eyelashes stayed on! I couldn't believe how amazing everything looked. The theme was carnival, so there were people on stilts and men walking around with crystal balls. There were loads of food stall, selling everything from hogroast buns to candyfloss. And the student union looked absolutely amazing with illusion mirrors, drapes, and a big '2014' sign on the entrance.

A highlight of the night was definitely meeting up with some of the Hull bloggers from the meet and Hull fashion week. Once I had drunk my fourth double vodka and coke, I tweeted everyone demanding we all meet up for a photo haha.

Here's a full photo of what me and my boyfriend wore.


Dress// House of Fraser
Shoes// New Look
Bag// Gift from Sister
Earrings// Primark
Necklace// Vivienne Westwood
Bracelet// Pandora

Boyfriends outfit

Jacket// TK Maxx
Shirt// TK Maxx
Bow Tie// River Island
Trousers// New Look
Shoes// Primark

He also used Live hair dye to get his hair that pink.

Overall, I had an amazing time at the ball. I did some things that I'm ashamed on (such as using a portaloo and taking my shoes off in Asylum- I considered soaking my feet in bleach after) but I also managed to spend the majority of the night in heels, not fall over once, and completely avoid a nip slip (surprising easy considering the dress haha.) Here's some photos from the night, some have been stolen from Charley and Courtney.





Ignore the weird angle of my arm!

                                            
I hoped you enjoyed reading this and check out Courtney's, Charley's and Hannah's blogs :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh you look amazing!! And i have to say, taking your shoes off in Asylum and not having them amputated afterwards is worthy of a salute. You are braver than me for doing that lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very drunk and there was no way I would have taken them off otherwise haha! xx

      Delete
  2. Love love love that dress! Pretty sure I'd die if I had to spend a greater part of the day in heels. Looks like a fun night!

    - Wendy
    www.fashionableheart.com

    ReplyDelete