Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 11 October 2016

American Drugstore Makeup // Haul Part 2

As I said before, I bought quite a lot of makeup in America. So much so, I had to split it into two separate hauls.

Most of this was bought in either Walgreens or Target, however I bought a couple of bits from a NYX shop and The Cosmetic's Company which is a premium outlet.

I really wanted to try Milani makeup, but I went to two different Walgreens and the selected was pretty poor. I ended up with a blush in the shade Dolce Pink and a lipstick in the shade 'Black Cherry'.


We get NYX in the UK, however, there was a NYX store in the Florida Mall and I couldn't resist trying a couple of the soft matte lip creams. I chose the shades Prague and Copenhagen as they're lovely berry shades, perfect for Autumn and winter.



I ended up getting two different concealers. I already love the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer which we can get in the UK. However, I found the 'brightening' version in Walgreens. It's frequently raved about by Tati at GlamLifeGuru and so I decided to try it. Sonia Kashuk is a brand only sold at Target and I hear such good things about their concealer. I decided to try the All Covered Up concealer in the palest shade available. I'm not a huge fan on pots of concealers, but this is so creamy compared to others I've used.


I've tried an EOS balm before, but they had them on offer in Walgreens for about $3. Considering they're £6.50 most places in the UK, and they had the flavour 'Vanilla Mint' which I've wanted to try for ages, I decided to get another. 

I picked up a few bits from random brands. Burts Bees had a pumpkin spice lipbalm in Target which instantly went into my basket. Chap Stick also had a pumpkin flavour, but it was sold out anywhere. I love pumpkin anything, as you can probably tell by my American Food Haul Post, but I don't think the UK's caught on about the worlds love of Pumpkin Spice. 

I picked up an NYC felt liner, simply because their liquid liner is the best one I've ever tried. This was only a couple of dollars. I haven't opened it yet, as I'm waiting for my others to dry out. I also picked up a Jordanna lip liner. This was $2.99 and 'my lips but better' shade. 


Lastly, I picked up a skin care product and hair product. The Pixi Glow Tonic is raved about by everyone who uses it. This was around $15 in Target. I've already tried this a few times, and I love it. I'm planning on writing a more in depth review soon. The Cosmetics Company is an outlet for brands such as MAC and Smashbox. I didn't get anything from those brands, but I spotted this Bumble and bumble hair spray for $6 and knew I wanted to try it. 


So, I've finally concluded my beauty haul posts from America. I can't wait to try everything I've bought and write some reviews for you. Is their any American beauty brand you want to try that aren't available in the UK? 







No comments:

Post a Comment