Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 29 October 2016

OOTD // Velvet Dress







You know when you see a dress for the first time and it's everything you could ever hope for; black, velvet with a floral pattern. I spotted this gem in the Scunthorpe Primark for just £10 and I'm in love with it. I've been obsessed with velvet for a couple of years now, buying a velvet dress from Boohoo back in 2014, but I feel in the last few months, it's really took off.

Even though I've lost a bit of weight this year, I'm still conscious of wearing bodycon dresses, especially from cheaper shops such as Primark, as I feel it doesn't take much to make them really unflattering. However, I bought this in a 10 (my usual size, though bordering on size 8 now) and it fits like a glove.

I like the quality of the dress and I think I will get quite a bit of use from it before it falls apart. I think this would look perfect with a pair of black Doc Martens ,but I neither own black Docs, or can drive in them.

My shoes are from Topshop last year, but you can get similar shoes anywhere. My coat is from Zara from a few years ago, but a quick search of 'cocoon coat' will bring up similar ones.

I bought my Kate Spade bag in America in Disney Springs and it's my favourite thing at the moment. Even though there's only room for my phone, a lipstick and my card (cannot get a purse in there, I'm afraid) I feel it goes with almost everything. Plus, if you have a coat with pockets, you don't need a big bag.

My makeup is relatively simple; it's most MAC's Cranberry on my eye and Milani's Black Cherry lipstick. I will do a full face of the day if people want to see it.

If you're wondering where I took these photos, it was The Priory Hotel in Louth where I got married and they have the most beautiful gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment