Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 17 October 2016

Essence Makeup Collection // Budget Brand


Essence is by far my favourite budget brand. I remember spotting a stand in Bulgaria a few years ago, then not long after it came to the UK in Wilko's around the country. I don't think I've spent more than £5 on any Essence products and everything I've tried, I've loved.

The first thing I ever bought from Essence was a lipstick. Although I bought it in Bulgaria, I think it still worked out as little as £2.10. I picked up the shade 'Coral Calling' which is one of my favourite summer shades. I like it so much, that I can't remember where I've put it. However, I do have another in the shade 'Wear Berries!'. These lipsticks are amazing for the price. They do have that artificial scent that children's makeup has, but it doesn't bother me too much.

I rave about the lip liners all the time, and I think I have 5 of them. They're a £1 each and as good as any high end lipliner I've tried. My favourite is 'Satin Mauve' to create that perfect nude lip.

The Essence Blush Up! in the shade 'Heat Wave' has a stunning ombre effect. It's so pigmented you only need a light hand to apply this.

Essence seems to be a Glossy Box favourite. I've received a liquid lipstick in the shade 'Show off'.' Liquid lipsticks are huge at the moment, and although this doesn't try matte, it's really pigmented and I was wearing this a lot over the summer.

I've only tried one Essence mascara and it's the Lash Princess. Aside from the corny name, this mascara is actually pretty good at lengthening my lashes. I think it's only around £3 and better than some of my high end mascara's.

I'm on my second Essence 'Big Bright Eyes' which is a dupe for Benefit's High Brow. I think again this is only £3 and I use it to highlight my inner corner and cupid's bow.

The best product I've used is the Essence Superfine Eyeliner Pen. I believe this was £2 and it's lasted me over 2 months and hasn't dried out yet. This will definitely be a repurchase.

The Essence 'All About Sunrise' palette is going to another home as I just don't use it, but that doesn't mean it's not good. Don't get me wrong, it's they're not the best eye shadows, but I'd say they were on par with other budget brands like MUA or Makeup Revolution.

I've not even included the nail products I've bought from Essence, as we'd be here all day. But this is some of my Essence collection and some of the products I've enjoyed using the most. I think Essence is a great brand, not only for beauty junkies, but perhaps young girls wanting to create their first makeup bag?

What's your favourite Essence product?


No comments:

Post a Comment