Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 30 October 2016

My Halloween Costume // Nightmare Before Christmas



Going off my social media, I think most people celebrated Halloween yesterday, but if you have celebtrations planned for tomorrow, and are stick stuck for an idea, keep reading my post.

My outfit shouldn't have been last minute. We actually bought Halloween tickets for a Tim Burton themed Halloween party back in June. It was at the hotel were we got married at, and after an Alice in Wonderland themed New Year's, I knew the Halloween party would be amazing.

As usual, I leave everything last minute, but this partly because I didn't know what I wanted to be. Me and my husband decided on a new take of Jack and Sally, with him being 'Sally' and me being 'Jack.'

After seeing the female Jack costumes were ridiculously expensive, I eventualyl found a black and white playsuit on Missguided for less than £20.00. I actually really like this playsuit and will definitely wear it again on a normal night out. However, beware, it will require nipple covers, especially if you have a small cup size like me.

I paired them with some simple T-Bar heels, and an old Jack Skellington Necklace I had from my teenage years.

My makeup was relatively easy to do. I did have white face paint, but I don't like the feel of it, so I decided to just do my normal base. I used my Kat Von D Lock It foundation. After concealing and powdering, the actual 'Halloween' makeup went on.

My Makeup Revolution palette 'Give Them Nightmares' featured a lot in this look. I used the blue eyeshadows to contour my cheek bones and round my face.

I used the matte black in my Urban Decay Naked Basic's palette, but any would do. This of course went over my contour, on my nose and the eyes. I also used a Rodial Black Smokey Eye Pencil I received in a Glossy Box to make my eye makeup more intense. Normal mascara was used to finish off the eye look.

I used my MAC Painterly Paint Pot to whiten my lips, and back in with the eyeliner to draw the teeth on.

The finishing touch was the amount of highlighter I used. Becca's Champagne Pop is stunning and I was definitely glowing last night.

Hair was just a messy half bun on top of my head.

What did you dress up for on Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment