Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 14 October 2016

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party // Magic Kingdom

As you may have seen from my recent blog posts, I've recently spent two weeks in Orlando, Florida. My birthday is on Halloween, so when I saw that Disney started it's Halloween celebrations in September, I did not hesitate purchasing tickets.

We originally had tickets for the 13th September, however, the majority of the event got rained off. All the parades, shows, and most character meets were cancelled. Luckily, Disney arranged for us to get tickets for the following Friday free of charge.

Just our luck, around 6PM it started raining again, and this time it was worse than the first event. We sought sanctuary in the Starlight Cafe and drowned our sorrows in hot chocolate. The rain eventually eased off about an hour later, and it didn't start again.

The tickets to the Halloween party weren't cheap, and they get more expensive closer to Halloween. They were $72 each before tax, and I got mine after Brexit so had a crappy exchange rate. However, I thought it was worth it.

The rides were still open, and I think riding the Haunted Mansion at night is definitely a must. Disney also have Trick or Treat spots and I can fully say we took advantage of that.

The one thing I wanted to do more than anything was meet Jack and Sally from A Nightmare Before Christmas. I think we queued up around four hours in total because we kept getting caught in the storms. However, they were worth it. They told me I must be so confused whether I belong in Birthday Town or Halloween Town.




The Boo To You parade was amazing, featuring everyone's favourite Disney Villains. Disney also had a show featuring the witches from Hocus Pocus and Oogie Boogie. I didn't get to see the Hallowishes firework display as we were queuing for Jack and Sally, but I managed to watch some of it over the buildings.

I think if you're in Orlando around Halloween, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is definitely worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment