Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 28 October 2016

Halloween Favourites.


With just three more days until Halloween, which is my favourite time of year, I thought I'd write a quick post on why I love Halloween so much.

1) It's my birthday! In case you didn't know (which I'm sure you will because I mention almost every blog post) my birthday is on Halloween. I always tell people there is always a party on my birthday and I love going out and seeing everyone dressed up. Plus everyone always buys me drinks so cheap night out.

2) Pumpkins! I've wrote a post about my favourite pumpkin recipes, and it really makes me sad that literally the day after Halloween, it's so hard to buy a pumpkin. I wish they were available all year because I actually do think they're really tasty.

3) It's acceptable to gorge on sweets. Much like Easter and Christmas, I find it's perfectly acceptable to gorge on chocolate and Haribo at Halloween. I know when I lived with my parents, they would buy way too many sweets for the trick or treaters, so we got lucky.

4) I like to show my love for Halloween by having Halloween props in my house all year round. I love TK Maxx at Halloween as they have some really quirky decorations. My collection includes a vampire salt N pepper shaker, Halloween candles, mugs, voodoo dolls and Winnie the Pooh in a pumpkin.

5) I love the weather around Halloween, even though this year, it's particularly cold. I find it's acceptable to wear scarfs, a lot of black and burgundy and dark lipsticks. There's just something around this time of year that's really nostalgic, and reminds me of walking to school in the fog, excited that it's nearly my birthday.

What do you love most about Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment