Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 4 October 2016

Tarte Rainforest After Dark Eye and Cheek Palette // Review




Do you ever rediscover an old make up item, and find yourself using it almost every day for like a month straight. It seems to be happening to me a lot lately; especially with eye shadow palettes.

My current go-to is the Tarte Rainforest After Dark Eye and Cheek palette. I think I got this almost two years ago now when my parents went to America. It was supposed to be a limited edition product and is still labelled that way, but I'm sure how much longer it will be available.

This was the first Tarte product I've ever tried. I'd heard a lot of rave reviews about the Amazonian Clay blushes and the eye shadows, and I just couldn't resist asking for this palette as it contained the best of both; six eye shadows, one blush, plus a highlighter and bronzer.

The packaging is stunning, and so different to anything I own. It's plastic, with a fake wood grain effect and an image of a snake across the front. The packaging feels quite sturdy and I don't think I'd have any issues taking this away with me.

Although I always liked the product and the shade range, the thing that's making me use this over and over is the fact it has almost everything I need for a simple day to day look. The shade range of the eye shadows all range from nudes, pinks, purples and golds. They're quite smokey and sultry, but I can create both day and evening looks.

I'm loving wearing Bare to Explore (pink beige) all over the lid with Plum Away With Me (dark plum)in the crease. Also, Up to No Gold (gold shimmery shade) is perfect all over the lid.

I'm not a huge bronzer lover, and I think it's because I'm so pale. However, Park Avenue Princess is perfect for contouring. It blends so well and doesn't look harsh at all.

The highlighter is called Champagne, and is simply stunning. I wear this for work and it isn't over powering, although it's still beautiful and nice for a night out.

The blush 'Unleashed' is a nude pink shade and gives just a hint of colour. I like the way this looks on my skin, and I do want to try more shades of the blush range.

This palette costs $40 and as far as I'm aware, it isn't available in the UK although you can order off the Sephora website. Tarte have recently released a 'Rainforest of the Sea' palette which looks equally as stunning, although it's just an eye shadow palette.

I'd fully recommend this as a 'first Tarte' purchase, as it has four different products to try. However, I know Make Up Revolution do some similar palettes.

Have you tried this palette before? What else do you recommend I try from Tarte?

No comments:

Post a Comment