Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 24 October 2016

Cooking with Pumpkin


Everyone buys a pumpkin to carve at Halloween, but most people just chuck the insides out. I've always been a big fan of pumpkin, probably going to when my mum use to make pumpkin soup every year when I was younger. I've already bought my pumpkin for this year, but I might buy another, simply for cooking with.

Pinterest is the best place to find pumpkin recipes and there is literally something to discover to suit everyone's taste.

Pumkpkin soup, like I mentioned above, is probably one of the easiest things to make. I don't follow any particular recipe; but it's usually a mixture of pumpkin, potato and vegetable stock, seasoned with salt and pepper.

For something a bit sweeter, I took a banana bread recipe I use a lot, and simply replaced the banana with pureed pumpkin. Adding cinnamon to the mixture creates that 'pumpkin spice' taste.

I really want to try roasted pumpkin, and I've seen an amazing recipe on Pinterest featuring feta cheese. However, I feel this could be the most versatile. You could add garlic or chilli, or maybe even add it to a salad.

The last thing I want to try are pumpkin crisps. I actually really like vegatable crisps but I think they're expensive to buy, and usually not that much healthier than normal crisps. I imagine this recipe would be quite easy.

If you have any interesting things to do with pumpkin, please let me know, as I love trying new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment